Children are a blessing from the Lord. With these blessings also come responsibilities. As stewards of God’s children, parents are responsible for helping children grow physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. Churches have a responsibility towards children, too. We want to provide an environment in which children are safe, are taught at an age-appropriate level, and are encouraged to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
We minister to the spiritual needs of our children through a children’s ministry. The need for this ministry is to guide in that many young people who reach adulthood and decide to follow Christ in a right path.
Jesus commissioned his church to preach the gospel. Children’s ministry supports this mission in several ways. Many families who have children are searching for a church home. If children feel comfortable and cared for at church, they are more likely to grow in Christ.
Mission Statement of Children Ministry
The goal of children’s ministry is to lead children toward knowing and accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. To achieve this goal, we emphasize the following five areas:
- Formal instruction, in Sunday school classes.
- Informal instruction, in activities such as summer sports program, and in the emotional atmosphere involved in all activities.
- Service opportunities, in which children and volunteers become involved in serving the community and church members.
- Adult Christian examples, in which children learn by seeing. Children see how adults interact with children, how they interact with other adults, and how they relate to God.
- Service and support for the parents. By offering children weekly instructions, we also free parents to participate fully in the adult worship service.
In order to teach about spiritual nourishment some of our Youth members are trained to lead children towards God. Every week we have special event in children ministry. The elements of the weekly service include the following:
- Praise and worship
- Biblical lesson
- Play and fellowship
We will conduct tests on different bible books and characters from them. It will help children to gain biblical knowledge in their lives. Children of our Maranatha know the importance of Praising God and started Praising God in their homes. Through this Praising many are blessed in their lives especially in their education.
Events We Organize
- Sunday School Anniversary every year
- Sunday School Retreats every year
- Training programs for Sunday school teachers
- Sunday school Sports Day
Benefits of Children Ministry
- Help children to accept Jesus as their savior
- Spiritual and Relationship nourishment and to develop their moral values